Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/29 20:11:08 UTC

[release-plugin] TODOs

Hi Rob and All:

I see the following TODOs before releasing 1.3:

- Commit the site as is to the dist folder so that links in a VOTE email
work (like 'The CLIRR report is here). I am not sure we still need the site
zip. I am not sure we need to make that an option, needs feedback.
- Match the dist path and tag names to match what the vote-txt goal
generates (see
src/main/resources/commons-xdoc-templates/vote-txt-template.txt)

Extra Credit: How do we get the NNNN after a deploy for a URL
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-NNNN/org/apache/commons/@ARTIFACTID@/@VERSION@/

Gary

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

> On Jun 5, 2018, at 11:39 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 3:54 PM, Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>
> wrote:
>
>>> On Thu, 31 May 2018 10:57:17 -0600, Gary Gregory wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>

>>> I think we KISS it for the next release: let's not worry about
>>> multi-module
>>> projects. One bite at a time ;-)
>>>

>> Maybe I'm missing something (Should I have updated the components
>> which I maintain in some other way than refer to the newest CP?),
>> but are you aware that that recent versions have broken what used
>> to work?[1]
>> How are we supposed to use CP for multi-modules projects?
>>

> Note that you do not have to use our newish release plugin... it works
> obviously, but we are still improving it.

I’m also hoping the the japicmp changes I added help us not have the problems we’ve seen. Though, that doesn’t mean that japicmp will work properly, only that including it in the project won’t break us.

-Rob

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 5:49 PM Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Jun 15, 2018, at 7:10 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Now that 1.3 is in the VOTE process, I'd like to see the following for
> 1.4:
> >
> > - Post VOTE:
> > -- Perform the equivalent of svnmucc from dist/rev to dist/release
> > -- After the above runs, remove all remaining files and the site from
> > dist/dev
> >

> +1. Now that I’ve got a better bead on the svn-scm-provider it shouldn’t
> be too hard.

Sweet, as this was a pain point with multi-module components.

Gary

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 1:08 PM, Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On May 30, 2018, at 2:40 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Rob:
> >
> > The
> > method org.apache.commons.release.plugin.mojos.
> CommonsDistributionDetachmentMojo.hashArtifacts()
> > seems like it is only used for logging. Surely we can log hashes the
> first
> > time we compute them. It looks like we are computing them x2.
>
> I think what I just committed accomplishes what we’re going for there.
> Yeah?

Yep, that works, thank you,
Gary

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

> On May 30, 2018, at 2:40 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rob:
>
> The
> method org.apache.commons.release.plugin.mojos.CommonsDistributionDetachmentMojo.hashArtifacts()
> seems like it is only used for logging. Surely we can log hashes the first
> time we compute them. It looks like we are computing them x2.

It also generates the .md5, .sha1, and .sha256 files that travel along with the .tar.gz and .zip files using PrintWriters. That said, we should be able to pull minimally the sha1’s and sha256’s out of the maps that we generated at the beginning of the execute() method for the sake of tracking all of the generated artifacts as opposed to just those that have been detached from the deployment.

-Rob

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rob: