Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Tomba Rakesh <to...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/22 12:15:01 UTC

Customizing user specific default page. HELP!

Hi All

After login page is directed to "default-page.psml". Is there any way to direct user specific page (PSML file).

After logout also directed to default-page.psml, how to direct to normal jsp file.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Rakesh

Re: Customizing user specific default page. HELP!

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Rakesh,

Please post J2 help questions to the user list.

Indeed, Santiago has given you good tips. For further help, please
restart jetspeed and attempt to hit the pages in question and mail a
copy of the jetspeed.log file to me directly. I can quickly tell you
what is going on.

Randy

Posted by Santiago Urrizola <ch...@yahoo.com.ar>.

Posted by Tomba Rakesh <to...@yahoo.com>.
I tried... still it is not working

I am using J2

Regards
Rakesh

Santiago Urrizola <ch...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi James
>
> My first question was configuring default page for each user
>
> User Default page
> 1. user1 -----------> page1.psml
> 2. user2 -----------> page2.psml
>
> Is it possible?

Yes its posible, you need to create the default-page.psml, inside each
particulary user forlder
/pages/_user/user1/default-page.psml
/pages/_user/user2/default-page.psml

And then adjust the profiling rule, to search the user befor other options
like groups. I think if you use the j1 rule may be work.

Santiago

> Still doubt for second question.....
>
> Regards
> Rakesh
>
> James Liao wrote:
> For the first question, you can add this line into your root folder's
> folder.metadata
> your-page.psml
> =====================================
>

> your-page.psml
>
> user
>
> user
>
> view
>

> ====================================
>
> For the second question, I think that you have to override the
> LogoutServlet for redirect to your jsp site.
>
> - James Liao
> On 6/22/05, Tomba Rakesh wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> After login page is directed to "default-page.psml". Is there any way to
>> direct user specific page (PSML file).
>>
>> After logout also directed to default-page.psml, how to direct to normal
>> jsp file.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Regards
>> Rakesh

> Make Yahoo! your home page

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail Mobile

Re: Customizing user specific default page. HELP!

Posted by Santiago Urrizola <ch...@yahoo.com.ar>.

Posted by Tomba Rakesh <to...@yahoo.com>.
Hi James

On 6/22/05, Tomba Rakesh wrote:
> Hi All
>
> After login page is directed to "default-page.psml". Is there any way to direct user specific page (PSML file).
>
> After logout also directed to default-page.psml, how to direct to normal jsp file.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards
> Rakesh

 Make Yahoo! your home page

Re: Customizing user specific default page. HELP!

Posted by James Liao <ji...@gmail.com>.
For the first question, you can add this line into your root folder's
folder.metadata
<default-page>your-page.psml</default-page>
=====================================
<folder>
  <title>Subsite Root Folder</title>
  <default-page>your-page.psml</default-page>
  <security-constraints>
    <owner>user</owner>
    <security-constraint>
      <roles>user</roles>