Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by John Vines <vi...@apache.org> on 2013/10/25 18:33:59 UTC

Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week

Alright folks, we're down to the wire. Feature freeze is one week away. If
anyone has any last minute concerns about this schedule, please speak up
now. Otherwise, have a great weekend!

Re: Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
I'm also happy to be the (non-binding) bad guy who says things are pushed
to 1.6.1 or 1.7.0.

I'd really like to see us on a regular release cadence (ideally per-CY
quarter) so that we'd have an easier time scheduling things like obsoleting
versions.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM, John Vines <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd rather not go down the slippery slope we went down last time. I'll
> gladly be the bad guy and say that things are getting pushed to 1.7.
>

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Christopher <ct...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > It looks like we're 50% in terms of tickets complete.
> >
> > http://s.apache.org/accumulo-1.6.0-issues
> >
> > Extensions are always nice, but I'm not going to be the bad guy and
> > ask for one :)
> >
> > --
> > Christopher L Tubbs II
> > http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM, John Vines <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Alright folks, we're down to the wire. Feature freeze is one week away.
> > If
> > > anyone has any last minute concerns about this schedule, please speak
> up
> > > now. Otherwise, have a great weekend!

--
Sean

Re: Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com>.
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM, John Vines <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd rather not go down the slippery slope we went down last time. I'll
> gladly be the bad guy and say that things are getting pushed to 1.7.

+1

-Joey

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
I applied the patch in
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=accumulo.git;h=789c920 (commented
on the ticket).  I've just left it open so we could decide what to do about
different exit codes.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
So then those changes should be pulled out and put into a feature branch
until they're resolved.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM, John Vines <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> I am concerned about the tickets around 118, as there seem to be a fair
> amount of blockers revolving around it. What's the status of those?

I am currently working through them.   Working on the garbage collector one
at the moment.

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Encryption (rest+motion), Conditional Mutations, Root tablet in its own
> > > table (instead of !METADATA), MiniAccumuloCluster improvements, Shell
> > > improvements (jcommander related), lots of other bug-fixes/improvements
> > and
> > > updates to recent Hadoop versions.
> > >

> > Also ACCUMULO-118 and ACCUMULO-1451
> >

> > > Those are what pop out at me.

> > 1.6

> > shortcut

> 1.6.0
> do

> > all

> > large
> fixes"
> features

> > who

> > I'll
> 1.7.

> > http://s.apache.org/accumulo-1.6.0-issues>

> and

> > speak

RE: Accumulo feature freeze in 1 week

Posted by dl...@comcast.net.
  Are you talking about the sub-tasks? The issue is marked as resolved.
Maybe they are done also.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.