Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Samiran Roy <Sa...@rssoftware.co.in> on 2008/03/17 06:19:18 UTC

Connection to MQ Series

Hi,
I have to test the performance of the application , it would be nearly
500 TPS. The application is stated as -
there are more than 1000 transaction to be processed via MQ series and
at the end there is one validation box which validate all the
transactions. for this I have to connect the JMeter with MQ series. how
to connect the JMeter with MQ Series and these 1000 transaction to be
read from csv file.

using Point to point connection I am able to connect the JMeter with
mqSeries, but in the message box I am able to provide fixed message. how
can I provide 1000 transaction (in one transaction there has different
types of data). I configure csv file upload, but it is not working.

at last how I measure the performance for total round trip.

Please help me.

Regards,
Samiran Roy

Modeling Copybook messages

Posted by Hari P Kandasamy <hk...@jcpenney.com>.
I have both XML and Copybook(Mainframe) messages sent from different
systems to my Websphere MQ. I know there is a way to define workload for
XML messages in JMeter. Does JMeter support modeling non-xml messages
from mainframe systems in copybook format as flatfiles.

Hari

Re: Connection to MQ Series

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18/03/2008, Samiran Roy <Sa...@rssoftware.co.in> wrote:

> [...]

I still don't understand. What errors are you getting? How do you know
that the CSV file is not being read correctly?

>  >  at last how I measure the performance for total round trip.
>
>  What do you mean by this?
>
>  JMeter measures the sample time.
>
> No, one transaction from Jmeter hit to MQSeries and from MQ Series to
>  Validation Service where transaction are being checked whether it is
>  valid or not then from validation service to Jmeter through MQ Series. I
>  want to measure the time required for this total round trip.

Have a look at the Transaction Controller; that allows you to group samples:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Transaction_Controller

> >  Please help me.

There is also lots of information in the JMeter manual and on the Wiki.

RE: Connection to MQ Series

Posted by Samiran Roy <Sa...@rssoftware.co.in>.

Re: Connection to MQ Series

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.