Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com> on 2015/11/02 18:17:07 UTC

Get requests and privilege support

In the current code, there is support for the following commands:

GET USERS; -- returns the registered users

GET ROLES; -- returns all roles

GET ROLES FOR USER <user>; -- returns roles for the user

GET USERS FOR ROLE <role>; -- returns users assigned to roles

There are also some GET commands available for component privileges:

GET PRIVILEGES ON COMPONENT <component>; -- get all privileges for component

GET PRIVILEGES ON COMPONENT <component> for <authID>;   -- get privileges
on component for specified user or role

However, there seems to be some missing statements:

GET PRIVILEGES ON <object>; -- objects are tables, views, functions, spjs,
libraries, etc.

GET PRIVILEGES ON <object> for <authID>;

JIRA TRAFODION-1573 has been written to add these statements.  Some of the
infrastructure is already in the code for this support.

If anyone has other suggestions to view privilege information, we can add
to this JIRA or create a new JIRA.  We could, for example, add a “get grant
tree” that displays the tree of grants for an object.  This grant tree
could also be implemented as an SPJ.

    Roberta