Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org> on 2021/09/02 21:21:12 UTC

[Operator] New branch and feature freeze for the Solr Operator v0.4.0

NOTICE:

Branch release-0.4 has been cut and versions updated to v0.5 on the stable
branch.

Please observe the normal rules:

* No new features may be committed to the branch.
* Documentation patches, build patches and serious bug fixes may be
  committed to the branch. However, you should submit all issues/PRs you
  want to commit to Github first to give others the chance to review
  and possibly vote against the PR. Keep in mind that it is our
  main intention to keep the branch as stable as possible.
* All patches that are intended for the branch should first be committed
  to the unstable branch, merged into the stable branch, and then into
  the current release branch.
* Normal unstable and stable branch development may continue as usual.
  However, if you plan to commit a big change to the unstable branch
  while the branch feature freeze is in effect, think twice: can't the
  addition wait a couple more days? Merges of bug fixes into the branch
  may become more difficult.
* Only Github issues with Milestone v0.4.0 and priority "Blocker" will delay
  a release candidate build.

Re: [Operator] New branch and feature freeze for the Solr Operator v0.4.0

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
Draft release notes for v0.4.0 can be found here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/Solr+Operator+Release+Notes+v0.4.0