Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Harut <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/28 04:43:21 UTC

CGroups and Spark

Hi.

I'm running spark on YaRN without CGroups turned on, and have 2 questions:

1. Does anyone of spark/yarn guarantee that my spark tasks won't eat up more
CPU cores than I've assigned? (I assume there are no guarantees, correct?)
2. What is the effect of setting --executor-cores when submitting the job,
apart from parallelism, does it constrain executor process anyhow?