Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2012/03/02 10:16:28 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 2, 9 am Pacific Time

Hi,

  We will have our regular meeting Friday, March 2 at 9 am Pacific Time
to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

   Dial-in numbers are:
   US Toll free: 866 682-4770
   Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
   Germany Toll free: 08006648515
   (Other countries by request)

   To place the call:
   1. Call the toll free number.
   2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
   3. Enter the security code 1111#

   Agenda:

   1. Delete maven1 config files:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-705. README.html needs to be
reviewed.
   2. News on new feature idea
http://osdir.com/ml/jdo-dev-db-apache/2011-11/msg00002.html - possible
code contribution from 3M?
   3. News on ChangeLog? See http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/ChangeLog
   4. News on no enhancer log output with maven 2:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-705?
   5. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630,
       click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenacnce release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"
   6. Other issues

   Action Items from weeks past:

   [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617 re the utility of the
update operator.
   [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web: www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 2, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Matthew Adams, Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig
Russell

  Agenda:

  1. Delete maven1 config files: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-705
. README.html needs to be reviewed.

JDO3.MF is gone. README still needs a review.

  2. News on new feature idea http://osdir.com/ml/jdo-dev-db-apache/2011-11/msg00002.html
  - possible code contribution from 3M?

No change. We should probably remove this item until Tim comes back
with an update.

  3. News on ChangeLog? See http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/ChangeLog

Done with it.

  4. News on no enhancer log output with maven 2: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-706?

The log4j.properties is on the classpath of the class loader used to
load log4j. But log4j cannot find it. Where is log4j looking for it?
Online doc at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Log4j says (ambiguously) To
find out where a log4j.properties was loaded from inspect
getClass().getResource("/log4j.properties") or
getClass().getResource("/log4j.xml"). Which object is getClass being
invoked on?

AI Michelle send mail to log4j-user and explain what we're trying to
do. log4j-user@logging.apache.org

  5. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630
, click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenance release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"

AI Craig fire up FrameMaker and start hacking on the specification
files under trunk.

  6. Other issues

JDO-682 is now operational. AI Michael check that we can run tck with
Derby with DataNucleus with autoCreateTables=false.

  Action Items from weeks past:

  [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617
  re the utility of the update operator.
  [Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo