Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jason Wyatt <jw...@itree.com.au> on 2007/04/20 02:35:18 UTC

Struts2 Tabbedpanels in mozilla

Hi,

I'm attempting to use the experimental Struts 2 tabbedpanel tag... It looks
like just what's needed for our current project, which is designed to use
nested tabs throughout.

The tabbedpanel works fine for IE, however the other of our customer's
standard browsers, mozilla, is only "almost" working correctly.

Mozilla displays the tabs OK, but the div layers look like they need to be
shifted down and back to the start of line, as if there was a "cr/lf" at the
end of the row of tabs.

The tabbedpanel docs say they use Ajax, which uses dojo, which is
unsupported with Mozilla.

It's a shame, because it seems quite close to working correctly.

Any ideas if a mozilla-compatible release could be attempted? Or whether the
architecture would allow me to attempt a hack to the tabbedpanel tag myself?

I'd prefer to stick with the struts 2 tabbedpanels if possible, as it seems
like the right way to go, and so close to working.

Thanks for any help,
Jason

 Itree Software		www.itree.com.au
 Ph (02)42263454  	Fax (02)42263193
 	-> Meeting your requirements.
 	-> Delivering on promises.
	-> Pride in our work.

RE: Struts2 Tabbedpanels in mozilla

Posted by Jason Wyatt <jw...@itree.com.au>.
Ok, thanks Musachy.

One thing I noticed when looking at the tabbedpanel examples in the
showcase... The ones that render correctly in Mozilla all had the cssStyle
and doLayout tag parameters set, eg:

<s:tabbedPanel id="test2" theme="simple" cssStyle="width: 500px; height:
300px;" doLayout="true">

Whereas the ones that didn't render correctly were missing the cssStyle and
the doLayout, eg:

<s:tabbedPanel id="tabbedpanel" >

So I tried using these in my own page with tabbedpanel and it seems to make
the contents "wrap" to the correct position, and render correctly. That
seems to solve the main problem, thanks for your suggestions.

Regards
Jason

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.