Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2005/08/16 00:31:01 UTC

"bug-check"

Hi, all.  I am noticing that messages for exceptions thrown in
org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientBaseDataSource often have the suffice "bug
check: ", for example "bug check: corresponding property field does not
exist".

Does anyone have any history on this and why this is there?  Is this
correct, or should I be fixing something as I extract these messages
into a properties file?

Thanks,

David

Re: "bug-check"

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
If we do revisit the common code problem, I'd like to throw something
else onto the pile of common code: the DRDA constants. Methinks the
network client and server should share these constants rather than clone
them.

Cheers,
-Rick

Re: "bug-check"