Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by abhishek jain <in...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/25 19:24:48 UTC

Scheduler Thrift client

Hi,

I have heard that there will be partial implementation of Rest service to
Aurora scheduler in next release, but right now thrift interface exposed by
scheduler accepting TJSON format of job template.

I am trying to find examples of submitting jobs through client (JAVA) using
TJSONProtocol to Thrift interface of Aurora scheduler.

Has anyone tried that yet? can you point me examples or help regarding that?

Thanks

Re: Scheduler Thrift client

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
Are you looking for guidance on using thrift, or something specific about
Aurora's API?  For getting basic communication between your java code and
the scheduler, any thrift tutorial should do, e.g.
https://thrift.apache.org/tutorial/java

The major difference is that rather than using the typical TBinaryProtocol,
you'll use TJSONProtocol.

-=Bill