Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ezequiel Puig <e....@opodo.fr> on 2008/03/25 12:08:54 UTC

How to eliminate an entry from an array with s2 tags

Hi,

in my jsp, i have an array of ids and i will like to remove one of that
ids using s2 tags:

I have tried the following, but it doesn't work :(
<s:set name="allIDs" value="#parameters.productCode"/>

<s:set name="newID" value=""/>

<s:iterator value="#allIDs" status="stat">

    <s:set name="myID" value="top"/>

    <s:if test='%{ idToRemove != #myID }'>

        <s:set name="newID[#stat]" value="#myID"/>

    </s:if>

</s:iterator>

Does anyone know how to do it ?

thanks.

Ezequiel.

Re: How to eliminate an entry from an array with s2 tags

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ezequiel Puig <e....@opodo.fr> wrote:
> in my jsp, i have an array of ids and i will like to remove one of that
> ids using s2 tags:
>
> I have tried the following, but it doesn't work :(
> <s:set name="allIDs" value="#parameters.productCode"/>
> <s:set name="newID" value=""/>
> <s:iterator value="#allIDs" status="stat">
>     <s:set name="myID" value="top"/>
>     <s:if test='%{ idToRemove != #myID }'>
>         <s:set name="newID[#stat]" value="#myID"/>
>     </s:if>
> </s:iterator>
>
> Does anyone know how to do it ?

Depending on the underlying collection type you might get an exception.
You're not removing anything in the above code anyway, you're replacing a
value. You're also using the "status" value like it's an index, but it's not
[1].

But why? You'd have to work hard to convince me that the JSP is the place to
do something like that.

Dave

[1]
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.1/struts2-core/apidocs/org/apache/struts2/views/jsp/IteratorStatus.html