Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Thomas Whitney <tr...@aumweb.net> on 2004/11/19 23:56:36 UTC

Shopping Cart Software

Hi,

I do not post to this list often but I read it regularly; this list consistently
provides useful and relevant information--so thanks for this valuable
resource--and a grateful nod of appreciation to the 'gurus' that' make this list
so good!!

Now the reason for this post--for a client in the printing industry, I developed
an on-line bidding, job ordering, and job tracking application that includes a
small, limited shopping cart, all done in mod_perl.  This same client wants a
more robust shopping cart done quickly, so I am looking for a shopping cart
application that can be up and running in terms of weeks.  I would prefer one
written in mod_perl, but that is not absolutely necessary.

I have had limited experience with one application -- 'ShopSite'; it appears to
be fairly complete and in the absence of any other input, I will probably end up
purchasing that.  I am hoping, though, to elicit recommendations or comments
from those that have experience with shopping cart software.  Any thoughts are
appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas Whitney

Re: Shopping Cart Software

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@taperfriendlymusic.org>.
Robert Ferney wrote:

>The question for me is, do they work under Apache2 or are they only
>working for Apache 1.3

There's a how-to here for installing Interchange with PostgreSQL and
mod_perl 2.  I haven't used it but it looks thorough :)

http://www.w3trader.com/Interch/Interchange-PostgreSQL.html

Re: Shopping Cart Software

Posted by Robert Ferney <ca...@gmail.com>.
The question for me is, do they work under Apache2 or are they only
working for Apache 1.3

Re: Shopping Cart Software

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.

Re: Shopping Cart Software

Posted by "JupiterHost.Net" <ml...@jupiterhost.net>.

A.T.Z. wrote:
>>I have had limited experience with one application --
>>'ShopSite'; it appears to be fairly complete and in the
>>absence of any other input, I will probably end up purchasing
>>that.  I am hoping, though, to elicit recommendations or
>>comments from those that have experience with shopping cart
>>software.  Any thoughts are appreciated.
>

> If you don't mind using PHP:

I mind a lot :) Its a huge bloat of a hog and a pain to admin.

Use clickcartpro its Perl, its easy , and it rocks!

Plus you don't have the headache and worry if PHP will work or not.

RE: Shopping Cart Software

Posted by "A.T.Z." <ve...@atz.nl>.
> I have had limited experience with one application --
> 'ShopSite'; it appears to be fairly complete and in the
> absence of any other input, I will probably end up purchasing
> that.  I am hoping, though, to elicit recommendations or
> comments from those that have experience with shopping cart
> software.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

If you don't mind using PHP:
FishCart http://www.fishcart.org

Open Source, great support. Ongoing development.

Since this isn't a PHP oriented list I suggest you contact me offlist if you
have any questions after reading the website.

B.