Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/25 19:48:32 UTC

Question and Patch for the sandbox core

Hi, Jim/Jeremy.

I think I'm confused here. Are you saying the processor framework has
already been in the "trunk" so that we need to copy them over to the
"sandbox"? I need this feature to implement JavaComponentTypeLoader.

Also attached is a patch with the following things:

1) Skeleton for JavaImplementationLoader and JavaComponentTypeLoader
2) Make "loaderRegistry" protected in ComponentTypeLoaderExtension
3) Fixed some compiling issues

Thanks,
Raymond

>> 3) What's the replacement for "org/apache/tuscany/core/config/**"  which
>> uses
>> to host the class like "Java5ComponentTypeIntrospector"?
>>

> Jim added a more general annotation processing framework into core in
> the trunk. The component type loaders should use that for
> introspecting the implementation.

Yea the idea with that is it's visitor based which allows people to
extend it with custom processors (i.e. the runtime doesn't know about
any annotations). Jeremy mentioned he was going to plug this into the
load process, so when that's done we can look at how that fits into
the loader work.

Re: Question and Patch for the sandbox core

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On 5/25/06, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Jim/Jeremy.
>
> I think I'm confused here. Are you saying the processor framework has
> already been in the "trunk" so that we need to copy them over to the
> "sandbox"? I need this feature to implement JavaComponentTypeLoader.
>
> Also attached is a patch with the following things:
>
> 1) Skeleton for JavaImplementationLoader and JavaComponentTypeLoader
> 2) Make "loaderRegistry" protected in ComponentTypeLoaderExtension
> 3) Fixed some compiling issues

Patch applied thanks.

I needed to break the patch apart in order to commit each of these
changes separately. In the future, please could you make a separate
patch for each change - it makes it much easier to review/apply.

Thanks
Jeremy