Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Carlos Valiente <ca...@pepelabs.net> on 2008/10/31 10:43:47 UTC

Structure of generated Perl code

Hi! I just had a look at the Perl stuff generated from tutorial.thrift:

    tutorial/gen-perl/
        shared/
            Constants.pm
            Types.pm
        tutorial/
            Constants.pm
            Types.pm
        Calculator.pm
        SharedService.pm

Since 'Calculator' (resp. 'SharedService') is defined in 'tutorial.thrift'
(resp. 'shared.thrift'), whose namespace declaration is 'tutorial' (resp.
'shared'), I would have expected the following:

    tutorial/gen-perl/
        shared/
            Constants.pm
            Types.pm
            SharedService.pm
        tutorial/
            Constants.pm
            Types.pm
            Calculator.pm

(Which is what you get for Python, by the way)

With the current layout, if I want to define a service called 'Calculator'
under my own namespace 'foo', I would get:

    foo/
        Constants.pm
        Types.pm
    Calculator.pm

,which would clash with Calculator.pm generated from tutorial.thrift.

Any hints?

Carlos Valienet <ca...@pepelabs.net>