Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2004/04/03 19:29:00 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/win32 sockopt.c

--On Saturday, April 3, 2004 5:15 PM +0000 jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:

> jerenkrantz    2004/04/03 09:15:52
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                network_io/unix sockopt.c
>                network_io/win32 sockopt.c
>   Log:
>   Even if we do not check the value of APR_IPV6_V6ONLY before setting, we
> still   must set the option cache if we're setting APR_IPV6_V6ONLY.
> Otherwise,   later apr_socket_opt_get calls will fail.
>
>   This fixes Listen directives on IPv6 machines where IPV6_V6ONLY may be
>   enabled (i.e. FreeBSD 5.x, OpenBSD, NetBSD) where it would not properly
>   bind to the IPv4 socket.

This fixes an issue we saw on hermes.apache.org where the Listen directive
wasn't binding to the correct interfaces.

I was pretty sure that httpd was doing the right thing here, but it was APR
that lost the setting of APR_IPV6_V6ONLY - so httpd thought that IPV6_V6ONLY
was disabled when it really had already been enabled.  Hence, it collapsed the
IPv4 address into the IPv6 socket - causing it not to bind to IPv4.  -- justin

Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/win32 sockopt.c

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

> --On Sunday, April 4, 2004 12:08 AM +0200 André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:
>
> > It doesn't compile.
> >
> > apr_set_option(sock, APR_IPV6_V6ONLY, on);
>
> Would have saved me about 10 minutes of searching if you had said *which*
> branch and OS it didn't compile on.  ;-)

ugh, sorry ;-) next time ...

thanks.

nd

Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/win32 sockopt.c

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Sunday, April 4, 2004 12:08 AM +0200 André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:

> It doesn't compile.
>
> apr_set_option(sock, APR_IPV6_V6ONLY, on);

Would have saved me about 10 minutes of searching if you had said *which*
branch and OS it didn't compile on.  ;-)

Anyhoo, just corrected it on 0.9 branch for Unix.  I caught that for Win32,
but apparently not for Unix...  *sigh*  -- justin

Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/win32 sockopt.c

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

> --On Saturday, April 3, 2004 5:15 PM +0000 jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
>
> > jerenkrantz    2004/04/03 09:15:52
> >
> >   Modified:    .        CHANGES
> >                network_io/unix sockopt.c
> >                network_io/win32 sockopt.c

It doesn't compile.

apr_set_option(sock, APR_IPV6_V6ONLY, on);

should probably be

apr_set_option(&sock->netmask, APR_IPV6_V6ONLY, 1);

or something?

nd

Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/win32 sockopt.c

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.
While patching sockopt.c, I should point out the need for the following
case in the Win32 sockopt.c's apr_socket_opt_set routine:

        case APR_SO_SNDBUF:
            if (setsockopt(sock->socketdes, SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDBUF, (void
    *)&on, sizeof(int)) == -1) {
                return apr_get_netos_error();
            }
            break;

Without it one cannot set the send buffer size on Windows, which leads
to a performance penalty on Windows.

--
Jess Holle

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.