Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Isaac <is...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/16 11:48:50 UTC

problem with two component with the same artifactId,version in different group when copy copy-dependencies

i get a project with dependencies like this:

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>groupA</groupId>
            <artifactId>artifactC</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>groupA</groupId>
            <artifactId>artifactC</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

when i am runnging *mvn
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.1:copy-dependencies, *the
dependies are named with *artifactId-version.jar*.
so, one component is lost without any promptions.

Is there any ways two keep both artifactC? or rename jars like *
groupId-artifactId-version.jar*

Re: problem with two component with the same artifactId,version in different group when copy copy-dependencies

Posted by Isaac <is...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Isaac <is...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Geoffrey Wiseman <
> geoffrey.wiseman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Isaac <is...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > i get a project with dependencies like this:
>> >
>> >    <dependencies>
>> >        <dependency>
>> >            <groupId>groupA</groupId>
>> >            <artifactId>artifactC</artifactId>
>> >            <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> >        </dependency>
>> >        <dependency>
>> >            <groupId>groupA</groupId>
>> >            <artifactId>artifactC</artifactId>
>> >            <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> >        </dependency>
>> >    </dependencies>
>> >

>> I assume you meant to use two different group ids?
>>
>>  - Geoffrey
>> --
>> Geoffrey Wiseman
>> http://www.geoffreywiseman.ca/
>>

> yes, two different group ids, but their artifact id are the same. so i get
> only one jar,but i want two.

 i made a mistake in the sample code, sorry about that.
groupA and groupB not both groupA
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>*groupA*</groupId>