Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stefan Schulz <ss...@ivs.tu-berlin.de> on 2002/12/20 12:36:11 UTC

Problem with ant via samba: build.xml not found

Dear members,

wonder, if anyone has done this strange thing before and entered to this
problem:

I am using VMWare w/ Linux on a WinXP machine for java development. The
resulting software shall be cross plattform combatible, hence, I would
like to share the sources via samba. Everything works fine mounting a
shared win-folder to linux. I tried to use eclipse on both system with
the shared sources, which also works fine.
When it comes to ant, I cannot build inside Linux now. ant only states,
that the build.xml cannot be found. That is, using a shell, being
located in the directory containing the build.xml, starting ant with and
without naming build.xml. The same tree at a linux directory works fine
as does the ant from windows command shell.
Of course, a workaround would be to use the command shell. But by now I
am also developing additional ant-tasks, that I have to test on both OS,
too.

Any idea on this?

Best regards
Stefan