Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/16 20:46:31 UTC

[codec][csv] release

Hi All,

There have been requests for Codec ad CSV to be released, so I plan on
getting to these soon.

First, we need to wrap up Collections 4.4 RC1.

Gary

Re: [codec][csv] release

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 5:37 PM Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 16 Jul 2019, at 21:46, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > There have been requests for Codec ad CSV to be released, so I plan on
> > getting to these soon.
>
> I have an outstanding PR for a bug CSV-247 [1] that requires a review.
>
> There is also the major bug CSV-248 where the CSVRecord is not
> Serializable [2]. This requires a decision on what to do to fix it.
>
> I also raised [3] the strange implementation of the CSVParser
> getHeaderNames() which ignores empty headers. Thus the list of header names
> may be shorter than the number of columns when the parser is configured to
> allow empty headers. I’ve not raised a bug ticket for this as it is open to
> opinion if this is by design or actually a bug. So requires some input from
> someone more familiar with the code and the history of this functionality.
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/commons-csv/pull/47 <
> https://github.com/apache/commons-csv/pull/47>
>
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-248 <
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-248>
>
> [3] https://markmail.org/message/woti2iymecosihx6 <
> https://markmail.org/message/woti2iymecosihx6>

Yes we need to get to all of these CSV issues before a release...

Gary

Re: [codec][csv] release

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-csv/pull/47 <https://github.com/apache/commons-csv/pull/47>