Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Shane D. Eckert" <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/19 20:13:50 UTC

Reading

Hi,

Just wanted to thank the guy that told me to bite the bullet and read
through the LDAP book. Best advice ever, now I can use Apache Directory
Studio and not a flimsy web interface or third party (costly) app. This is
not a subject you can get through via trial and error, like other SysAdmin
tasks, you have to know the basics and more to really do things right.

So thanks.

-Shane

Re: Reading

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Shane D. Eckert
<sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome.
>
> I am ready to do this. The link to the PDF is not working. :-( See attached.
excellent, please click the link again, I have fixed it.

--
Kiran Ayyagari

Re: Reading

Posted by "Shane D. Eckert" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Awesome.

Re: Reading

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
hi Shane,

Re: Reading

Re: Reading

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
  On 8/20/10 3:06 AM, Wayne Connolly wrote:
> Some 'guy'? Some 'book'?
>
> I didnt know of a book that being said it seems that AD was quite
> intuitive and I havent had much of a issue - as with all eclipse apps
> but thats just me.
LDAP is everything but simple. Of course, doing a simple search is quite
obvious, but to go a bit further, it's probably a good thing to get some
condensed information.

Some book like
http://www.amazon.com/LDAP-Directories-Explained-Introduction-Analysis/dp/020178792X
can be a good first step.

You have some of them listed here too :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/12-some-background-directories-directory-services-and-ldap.html
(at the end of the page).

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Reading

Posted by Wayne Connolly <wa...@measanctum.com>.
Some 'guy'? Some 'book'?

I didnt know of a book that being said it seems that AD was quite
intuitive and I havent had much of a issue - as with all eclipse apps
but thats just me.

Link please.

--
Kind Regards,