Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anuerin Diaz <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/24 17:01:33 UTC

profile dependency

hi,

   our project has a need for different types of assembly, as such i
am creating different profiles for each assembly/configuration.
however this causes me to duplicate some profile configuration. i was
wondering if there is a profile dependency mechanism (or something
planned) wherein on profile inherits from a sibling profile.

   or is this a bad idea? thanks.

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back"

Anuerin G. Diaz
Registered Linux User #246176
Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php
http://capsule.ramfree17.org , when you absolutely have nothing else
better to do

Re: profile dependency

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Profiles merge when their id's match - so you can inherit them from a
parent pom (but you can't inherit them from the same pom).

- Brett