Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by John Woolsey <jw...@activation.net> on 2004/09/11 15:17:40 UTC

Socket Question

I was wondering how the socket class is implemented. Does it basically
assume blocking io? I know you can read without anything there and it
blocks. Is there a way to hook a callback in so that if data is incoming
it will do something?

I chased through the lib source code and managed to trace it back to a
native call. I didn't see anything like a callback there. I just looked
through a few C/C++ tutorials and don't see anything about callbacks
there either, but I had to ask.

                                          - bfn - JAW