Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/05 00:31:57 UTC

DataStore

In the default repository.xml, the datastore element is configured:

    <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore"/>

Is this all that is needed for the PM to hand off binary storage to
the datastore?  There doesn't appear to be any "wiring" of the PM, or
the Workspace, to the data store element.  I guess it's global unless
overridden somewhere?

RE: DataStore

Posted by Sunil Dhage <su...@coreobjects.com>.
Hi,
To use Datastore, yes the below mentioned configuration is enough.

But you need to understand, like Datastore cannot be used with all kinds of PersistenceManagers.

for that please go through jackrabbit wiki and pages on Datastore, PersistenceManager and FAQs.

/Sunil Dhage