Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wes Barris <we...@csiro.au> on 2003/03/07 05:30:39 UTC

How does one get/build mod_webapp?

Where does one download binary versions of mod_webapp?  This page:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/connectors.html

says that:

The binary builds of connectors are available in
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.x.y/bin/plaform.

However, I cannot find any mention of platforms in that directory.

I then downloaded the source:

	tomcat-connectors-4.1.18-src.tar.gz

The README.txt file in the webapp directory says this:

If you downloaded the CVS sources (as described above) or downloaded a
source distribution of the WebApp module, now all you need to do is build
the binary module for your platform. To do so, start by doing a:

     ./configure --with-apxs
     make

However, there is no "configure" included in the distribution:

wes@bioserver> pwd
/usr/local/src/web/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.18-src/webapp
wes@bioserver> ./configure
./configure: Command not found.

I am beginning to wonder if anyone uses this stuff.  If there
are users of mod_webapp, how do they find out where to get
it or build it?  What does everyone else know that I don't?
--
Wes Barris
E-Mail: Wes.Barris@csiro.au

Re: How does one get/build mod_webapp?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Once you've done the CVS check-out, it would help if you actually read the
README that comes with it.  That will tell you how to generate the
'configure' script.

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
I can't tell you how to build mod-webapp, but I would recommend against
bothering with it at all.  It is not being developed any longer.  Go with
mod_jk or the new jk2..

Jake