Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Robert Buck <rb...@mathworks.com> on 2002/06/21 21:22:59 UTC

Tinny: Xerces-C MS VS .NET Project Files Done

Tinny,

I have the VS .NET project files tested, cleaned up, etc. The doc on the
bug database does not indicate how to submit files large files. Since there
are several here, and some are XML files, I'd prefer to submit them to
someone as a zip file than upload them to the bug database. (there does not
seem to be an option for uploading files / attachments to a bug
report).  The project files unzipped come to about 300k. Zipped these are
around 44k. A bit much to put into a text field of a bug submission form
IMO. I'd like to have someone check these in so that these can get into the
soonest nightly build possible.

What would you suggest?

Bob

Tinny: Xerces-C MS VS .NET Project Files Checked In

Posted by Robert Buck <rb...@mathworks.com>.
Tinny,

I have completed the upgrade to .NET. Please find the appropriate patches
and attached zip files at the bug database for the following items:

Bug #10065 :  Updated COM Source File to eliminate error in .NET
Bug #10067 : Updated SEnumVal example source file to eliminate warning;
operator precedence mistake.
Bug #10180 : New Visual Studio .NET project files.

Question 1: Would it be possible to get these into source control for the
next nightly build?

Let me detail what is still missing:

I need to modify packageBinaries.pl to autodetect VC6 vs VC7. I have it
mostly figured out. Just need to do more testing on that. I will follow up
on this one after the above is checked in. This means that it (presently)
only works with VC6, not VC7. Nothing new here yet.

Thanks

-Bob

RE: memory leak in xerces c 2.0.0??

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
Unless I'm missing something, it's the usual thing where the tool is too
stupid to realize that its dealing with C++, and that the buffer
allocated in the constructor is later going to be freed in the
destructor. Don't trust those tools unless you look yourself and see
what's going on.

-------------------------------------
Dean Roddey
The Charmed Quark Controller
droddey@charmedquark.com
www.charmedquark.com

Re: Tinny: Xerces-C MS VS .NET Project Files Done

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Bob,

After you created the bug report, then query it.  In the query page, there
is then a link to create attachement.  Please try and let me know if does
not work  Thanks!