Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org> on 2012/01/03 01:13:47 UTC

Re: Mahout Installation without Building From Maven

Just two minor comments:

On 28.12.2011 Lance Norskog wrote:
> In general you are better off using the full source distribution.

Binaries are provided for convienience only - however you should be fine if you
only want to use the jars and job.jars.

> There are some apps and scripts that can help you and these are not
> packaged into the Maven binary distribution.  Also, 0.5 is an old
> release and there have been a lot of changes since then.

In case you have the cycles to try out trunk - any feedback is highly welcome as
we are in the process of getting a new version released soon.

Isabel