Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by anuvenk <an...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/05 00:25:42 UTC

parsedquery_ToString

Is the parsedquery_ToString, the one passed to solr after all the tokenizing
and analyzing of the query?
For the search term 'chapter 7' i have this parsedquery_ToString
<str name="parsedquery_toString">
+(text:"(bankruptci chap 7) (7 chapter chap) 7 bankruptci"^0.8 |
((name:bankruptci name:chap)^2.0))~0.01 (text:"(bankruptci chap 7) (7
chapter chap) 7 bankruptci"~50^0.8 | ((name:bankruptci name:chap)^2.0))~0.01
</str>

I have these synonyms
chap 7 => bankruptcy
chapter => bankruptcy
chap => chapter
chapter 7 => bankruptcy
bankrupcy => bankruptcy
chap,7,chap7,chapter 7,chapter 7 bankruptcy,chap 7

But seem to have a little bit of trouble understanding how its building this
parsedquery_Tostring

Can someone explain. If i can understand this, i'll be able to debug better
and analyze why i don't get expected results for some of the search terms
and what change i could make to the associated synonyms.

Re: parsedquery_ToString

Posted by anuvenk <an...@hotmail.com>.
I log the search phrases the users on my site are using to search, and review
them regularly. Based on that i add synonyms for certain phrases to help
increase the relevant results. The reason i don't have the synonym filter at
index time is because i can't re-index whole/portion of data everytime i add
synonyms because my index is huge. Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

Re: parsedquery_ToString