Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Benjamin Sznajder <be...@il.ibm.com> on 2007/06/19 18:18:13 UTC

Remarks about the document tutorial.

Hi,

In section 3.6.3.2, Vinci Service Client descriptor, you describe the
descriptor as:

<uriSpecifier xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">
   <resourceType>AnalysisEngine</resourceType>
   <uri>uima.annot.PersonTitleAnnotator</uri>
   <protocol>Vinci</protocol>
   <timeout>60000</timeout>
   <parameters>
     <parameter name="VNS_HOST" value="some.internet.ip.name-or-address"/>
     <parameter name="VNS_PORT" value="9000"/>
   </parameters>
</uriSpecifier>

But we open the file given in the package at :
descriptors\vinciService\PersonTitleVinciService.xml the content is
different

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

      <!--
       * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
       * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
       * distributed with this work for additional information
       * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
       * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
       * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
       * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
         *
       *   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
       *
       * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
       * software distributed under the License is distributed on an
       * "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
       * KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
       * specific language governing permissions and limitations
       * under the License.
   -->

<uriSpecifier xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">
      <resourceType>AnalysisEngine</resourceType>
      <uri>uima.annotator.PersonTitleAnnotator</uri>
      <protocol>Vinci</protocol>
</uriSpecifier>

Re: Remarks about the document tutorial.

Posted by Benjamin Sznajder <be...@il.ibm.com>.
sorry.. This mail has been sent at it should not...

Benjamin

             Benjamin
             Sznajder/Haifa/IB
             M@IBMIL                                                    To
                                       uima-dev@incubator.apache.org
             19/06/2007 22:47                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Remarks about the document
             uima-dev@incubato         tutorial.
               r.apache.org

Hi Eddie,

I understood that. If you have possibility to easily fix this in a

             "Eddie Epstein"
             <eaepstein@gmail.
                                       uima-dev@incubator.apache.org
             19/06/2007 22:44                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Remarks about the document
             uima-dev@incubato         tutorial.
               r.apache.org

Benjamin,

The documentation is more advanced than the sample. The additional
elements are all optional. The default values are (I believe)

  timeout = 60 seconds
  VNS_HOST = localhost
  VNS_PORT = 9000

Regards,