Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Abbs, David A" <da...@eds.com> on 2005/12/22 17:31:32 UTC

Installation problem

I am installing maven 2.0.1 on Linux red hat running on a sun machine with java 1.4.2 installed and configured.

My JAVA_HOME environment is set correctly and the maven install directory added to my PATH variable

When I do mvn --version it gives me

Maven version: 2.0.1

Which looks fine.

However when I then try to run

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=3D3Dcom.mycompany.app = -DartifactId=3D3Dmy-app To create myself a project I get this

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central [WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file [INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted [INFO]
----
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
----
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found [INFO]
----
[INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch [INFO]
----
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Dec 22 16:28:52 GMT 2005 [INFO] Final Memory:
1M/2M [INFO]
-

Any help would be very much appreciated

David Abbs

David Abbs
EDS - Court Services Account
UKNMSC
100 Napier Street,
Sheffield, S11 8HD

( Phone:+1-0114 291 1338)
(Mobile: 07765028732)
+ mailto:david.abbs@eds.com

Re: Installation problem

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@gmail.com>.
It looks like it couldn't get to the repository. Perhaps you have some sort
of proxy or other what-not that restricts access.

Setting up a proxy is explained (sort of) at:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

--
-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com