Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Burak YĆ½lmaz <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/13 19:20:54 UTC

Sending healty batch emails

Hi all;

I have a question about how to handle mail traffic or how to send batch messages safely without any lost and not beeing spam. I have set all the configuration of my Apache James 2.3.1 server running on Centos. Set my reverse dns and all options as well. I have no problem about sending single emails. Now;

1)I want to batch mail to 1000 members for example. Is it better to send email to everyone seperately or can i add all adresses to bcc ?
2)Bcc has any limits for different mail address providers like hotmail,yahoo etc. ?
3)If i send mail too frequenly in a for loop, do James delays between them or is it my responsibility to delay sending a new mail after a sended mail a moment ago? I ask this question because maybe too fast mailing to same domain may cause unhealthy mails.
4)If i add mail addresses to bcc do i need to group them to a domain type. (yahoo mails are sended seperately in bcc, hotmail mails seperated and so on...) Or adding mixed emails to bcc is acceptable?

It is the question like how a professional mail sending must be. Do james handle everything for me? What do i need to take care of?

Thanks for answers and any good links provided.

Burak YILMAZ