Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Jitesh Shah <ji...@liveathos.com> on 2016/12/06 21:00:44 UTC

255-byte MTU with iPhones

Hey guys,
I was wondering whether any of y'all had success connecting nimBLE stack to
an iPhone with 255-byte MTU size as per Bluetooth 4.2 spec.

There's prolly no point in trying anything before iPhone 7 because they
might not have a 4.2 chip. Any got a chance to give that a spin with iPhone
7? Have any throughput numbers you can share?

Jitesh

--
This email including attachments contains Mad Apparel, Inc. DBA Athos
privileged, confidential, and proprietary information solely for the use

Re: 255-byte MTU with iPhones

Posted by Jitesh Shah <ji...@liveathos.com>.
I haven't tried it myself yet. Thought I'll ask around first in case
someone ran the experiment already.

Jitesh

Re: 255-byte MTU with iPhones

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.
Hi Jitesh,

Re: 255-byte MTU with iPhones

Posted by will sanfilippo <wi...@runtime.io>.
I have not tried it myself; I cannot recall if Chris tried it. He is currently on a plane but will hopefully chime in on this soon.

We do not have iphone throughput numbers but we have throughput numbers that we achieved using two nimble devices: we achieved single connection LL throughput approaching 800 kbps.

Will