Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com> on 2013/05/15 16:00:57 UTC

logo usage

In advance, I'm going to apologise   for not reading  the 100's of posts on this subject in the past.
I didn't, and I only keep list posts for 30 days and now I feel stupid

To the question:
I'm having a redesign of www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com> done. I would *like* to carry the ACS logo on my site  as its our key technology.

1)      Which logo should I use in this situation ? - I know I've seen posts on this and I've even looked - and where is it ?
 This page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Graphics+and+Resources

Doesn't actually have a ACS logo, it only has the one with the monkey.

2)      What are the copyright implcations (again, I know this has been discussed at length, sorry), but I remember reading that approval would be needed to use any Apache logo.

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

ShapeBlue are proud to be sponsoring CloudStack Collaboration  Conference NA

[https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/30760149/CloudStack+Collaboration+Conference+Banner+v2+Blue+Background+Only.jpg?version=3&modificationDate=1367282397297]<http://www.cloudstackcollab.net/>

20/21 May, London<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
22/23 June, Santa Clara  CA<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: logo usage

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
The links Joe provided should cover this. Let us know if you run into any
difficulties though.

--
NS

RE: logo usage

Understood. And we really appreciate you contacting us about this. Thank you!

The most important thing from our perspective is that there is no confusion about the origin of Apache CloudStack, or ShapeBlue's relationship to the project.

--
NS

Re: logo usage

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
NS

RE: logo usage

Re: logo usage

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
NS

Re: logo usage

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On 15 May 2013 15:12, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:

> It depends on how you're using it. If you're only using it for a link
> back to the project or to refer to the project, that should be OK.
> Otherwise, I believe you're going to need to seek project permission -
> but you'd need to be specific about how it's being used.

Yes. Ideally, we want to see how it will look visually before we can give
you approval.

--
NS

Re: logo usage

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@stratosec.co>.
Thinking about this as I'm cleaning the inbox…it might be nice to have several logos for others to use, like "Powered by CloudStack" and "We use CloudStack" - would provide more clarity in situations like Giles was asking about, plus give sites/blogs/etc something to display on their site.

Should we have a marketing/PR section in the faq, perhaps?

Also - anybody mind if I tweak http://cloudstack.apache.org/trademark-guidelines.html to display logo thumbnails linked to the full-size ones?

RE: logo usage

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

RE: logo usage