Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2018/02/21 23:56:48 UTC

[Apache Ignite Survey] Closed, results are attached

Igniters,

The survey is off and here is a snapshot of the results:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-2T8S87DH8/

Noteworthy observations:

   - 87% of respondents are software architects and engineers. These are
   the folks who help us to drive the project!

   - Most of Ignite use cases are in Banks and HighTech - this is what the
   consistency and in-memory speed are valued for!

   - Majority of the deployments store up to 100 GB of data in up to 20
   nodes clusters while 10% of deployments maintain hundreds and thousands
   nodes clusters - getting ready, community!

   - Ignite persistence is getting as valuable as the compute grid.

Pay attention to the last question that contains a written individual
feedback. It should guide our plans. For instance, I like this proposal:

MultiMap support like in Guava is badly needed. Hazelcast has this and is
highly used collection type, so much so this forces us to have to use
Hazelcast over Ignite sadly in many apps

--
Denis

Re: [Apache Ignite Survey] Closed, results are attached

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Oops, anyway, it's not a big deal. Let's sum them up :)

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Very useful.