Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by György Chityil <gy...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/02 19:24:51 UTC

OpenNLP vs StanfordNLP

Hello,

Been playing with both OpenNLP and StanfordNLP (
http://nlp.stanford.edu/software/tagger.shtml), and it seems to me they
overlap on several grounds. Any plans for joining forces? :)

Cheers

--
Gyuri
274 44 98

RE: OpenNLP vs StanfordNLP

Posted by Jeyendran Balakrishnan <jp...@personaltube.com>.
Yup, here's the quote from the same URL :
"The tagger is licensed under the GNU General Public License (v2 or later).
Source is included. Source is included. The package includes components for
command-line invocation, running as a server, and a Java API. The tagger
code is dual licensed (in a similar manner to MySQL, etc.). Open source
licensing is under the full GPL, which allows many free uses. For
distributors of proprietary software, commercial licensing with a
ready-to-sign agreement is available. If you don't need a commercial
license, but would like to support maintenance of these tools, we welcome
gift funding. "

-Jeyendran

Re: OpenNLP vs StanfordNLP

Posted by John Stewart <ca...@gmail.com>.