Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marty Landman <ML...@face2interface.com> on 2003/11/28 20:02:55 UTC

[users@httpd] newbie NameVirtualHost setup question

Ok I just have to admit I'm an idiot; at least this isn't sinking in quite
yet. I have Apache2 installed on a Windows XP box and have tried a number
of times to get virtual hosts working.

Here's my last attempt:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.1
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.1>
         ServerName bob
</VirtualHost>

No error on the log, the addr http://bob/ is simply not recognized. I've
read the apache.org man pages but it's just not sinking in. Sorry to be so
dense.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site

Re: [users@httpd] newbie NameVirtualHost setup question

Posted by Marty Landman <ML...@face2interface.com>.
At 06:25 PM 11/28/2003, you wrote:

>Add a line in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" file as
>
>192.168.0.1    bob
>

>and save the file. This should solve your problem.

Thanks, this is a good start. BTW, in the course of doing this I defined
bob in the hosts file, then commented it out and defined joe. Now it seems
like bob remains defined even though the hosts file entry's been commented
out, while joe seems to work properly -- as if I could understand proper
working at this point :)

Posted by Bhavin Modi <mb...@vipn.net>.
Add a line in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" file as

192.168.0.1    bob

and save the file. This should solve your problem.

~Bhavin.