Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Niall Fleming <ni...@hotmail.com> on 2002/04/29 23:00:19 UTC

Apache 2.0.35 - service problem

I have a problem getting the apache 2.0.35 to respond to start and stop etc.
commands with win98 as a psuedo service, it barely works with the command
line and not at all with the apache service monitor.

it will *not* stop at all, you have to manually end the task and even then
it doesn't always work...any ideas??

help me!

Niall §

--
Niall Fleming

When the world's falling apart around you,
feel good inside, knowing your friends are
all around you.

Re: Apache 2.0.35 - service problem

Posted by Octavian Rasnita <or...@home.ro>.
Yes, there are programs that are set to start under the following registry
key under Windows 98:
HK_Local machine\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run services.

However, Windows 98 is another OS and these services are not the same thing
like in Win  NT.

Teddy,
orasnita@home.ro

Posted by Steve Leach <sl...@askalix.com>.
I was just about to post a similar line up!
I thought that Win98 only worked with desktop processes?

Best Regards,

Steve Leach
Network Manager
Mi-Int Limited
Eaglescliffe Logistics Centre
Durham Lane
Egglescliffe
TEL: 01642 356205
e-mail: sleach@askalix.com

Posted by John Flanagan <jo...@akad.ie>.

Posted by "Jose Eduardo M. Neves" <ed...@netcabo.pt>.
Hello,
I've same problem ... Apache runs well under Win98 in a Dos windows but
not in service monitor
I made some changes in autoexec but  nothing :-((

Jose Eduardo