Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Raja Subramanian <ra...@sybrant.com> on 2009/10/27 12:47:20 UTC

Reg:Converting pdf into image.

Dear sir/madam,

                I am Raja Subramanian.I have to convert pdf into images(any type).i am trying with pdfbox from yesterday.i have no idea how to approach this task.is there any samples(work around) available converting pdf documents into images by using pdfbox? if yes means please assit me to move further.now i am help less to achive this task.i have downloaded pdfbox and integrated with my visual studio 2008 IDE.
please assit me.

    Thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards,
Raja Subramanian.

Re: Reg:Converting pdf into image.

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
how about a class something like:

public class My_PageDrawer : org.apache.pdfbox.pdfviewer.PageDrawer
    {
         public void drawPage(System.Drawing.Graphics g,
            org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPage p,
            java.awt.Dimension pageDimension){
              //logic very similar to that in the Java version ...
           }
        protected override void
processTextPosition(org.apache.pdfbox.util.TextPosition text)
        {

            //Translation of the one in pageDrawer.java to handle .NET
graphics object
         }

        public override void fillPath(int windingRule)
        {
            //translation to .Net objects
        }

        //etc.
  }

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 6:15 AM, Raja Subramanian <ra...@sybrant.com>wrote:

> Dear Daniel,
>
> Here is my code:
>
> protected void btnPdf_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
>
> {
>
> string str = FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName;
>
> org.pdfbox.pdfviewer.PageDrawer pagedrawer = new
> org.pdfbox.pdfviewer.PageDrawer();
>

> PDDocument document = PDDocument.load(str);
>
> java.util.List pages= document.getDocumentCatalog().getAllPages();
>
> for(int i=0;i<pages.size();++i)
>
> {
>
> //PDPage page =(PDPage)pages.get(i);
>

> PDPage page =pagedrawer.getPage()
>
> //System.Drawing.Graphics image = page.convertToImage();
>

> java.awt.image.BufferedImage image=page.convertToImage();
>
> java.io.File file = new java.io.File(("pdf"+i+".png"));
>
> ImageIO.write(image, "png", file);
>
> }
>
> }
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Wilson" <
> williamstonconsulting@gmail.com>

>>> method. but it always giving an null as a result.so while coming to
>>> convertToImage() method its giving the object null reference error.so i

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Oh yeah, how could I forget?

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.