Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kaan Yamanyar <ka...@wmims.com> on 2006/03/19 15:25:16 UTC

[users@httpd] FW: Apache 2.2 & AddDefaultCharset Problem

Hi all,

I`m using Apache 2.2 on my Solaris 9 (Sparc). I`m using virtual hosts and
tomcat 5.5. Everything is going well but I have a problem.

Apache puts the following headers:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:54:04 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.0 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8a mod_jk/1.2.15
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=AE79CA772ED94B5067224648D5567BBA; Path=/

As you see above, " Content-Type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1 " header is
included and overrides my meta tag information which prevents browsers to
select proper language.

In my httpd.conf I added the following line:

AddDefaultCharset Off

But nothing changed. I also tried " AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 " just to check
that directive is working and header changes. But nothing changed.

What else should I do? According to docs in apache.org the thing I did was
enough? Am I wrong?......

Re: [users@httpd] FW: Apache 2.2 & AddDefaultCharset Problem

Posted by Odhiambo Washington <wa...@wananchi.com>.
* On 20/03/06 09:37 +0600, Kaan Yamanyar wrote:
| I restarted apache in my all attempts.
| But what other directive can override this.
|
| In my confs folder and other folder that contains conf to be included
| following command does not prints out anything excepty my addition
| "AddDefaultCharset Off"
|
| cat ./* | grep AddDefaultCharset
|
| It there any other setting that may override this?

Try to find in the DocumentRoot of the affected virtual hosts something
that could be overriding:

find /path/to/directory -type f -exec grep -li 'AddDefaultCharset' {} \;

-Wash

DISCLAIMER: See http://www.wananchi.com/bms/terms.php

--
+======================================================================+
    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wa...@wananchi.com>
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121

Re: [users@httpd] FW: Apache 2.2 & AddDefaultCharset Problem

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Monday 20 March 2006 03:37, Kaan Yamanyar wrote:
> I restarted apache in my all attempts.
> But what other directive can override this.

Apart from the obvious, like AddCharset?

The reason I was unspecific is that it could easily be your
own extension - some module, or some CGI or PHP script
I've never heard of.  Whatever you're running.

--
Nick Kew

RE: [users@httpd] FW: Apache 2.2 & AddDefaultCharset Problem

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.