Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/06 11:20:01 UTC

Difference between Data Disk Volume and Root Disk Volume

Hi,

I found two disk volumes for every VM,Data Disk Volume and Root Disk
Volume,i searched over the cloudstack docs but didn't find the information
about both of them,can any body let me know the diffrence between Data Disk
Volume and root disk volume.

Thanks,
Punit

Fwd: Difference between Data Disk Volume and Root Disk Volume

Posted by Punit Dambiwal <hy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Got the answer of my question here :-

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Admin_Guide/working-with-volumes.html

Re: Difference between Data Disk Volume and Root Disk Volume

Posted by Alex Yang <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Punit,

The Root Disk is used to install operating system. You can consider the
Root Disk as a VM.
The Data Disk is just a disk that you can attatch or dettach it.

--
  杨雨
  Email:       alex890714@gmail.com