Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2005/11/01 20:40:06 UTC

POLL: Remove need for DB2 JDBC driver from Derby build and test

I hope I'm not stepping on a landmine here, but does anyone else who
thinks it would be a good thing to remove the need for the DB2 JDBC
driver for our builds and tests?  It's fine if it's an optional part,
like support for JDK 1.6, but it doesn't seem right that it's required
now that we have our own JDBC driver...

David

Re: POLL: Remove need for DB2 JDBC driver from Derby build and test

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
I'd be happy to fix this, I just thought I'd follow the process, and I
also thought *perhaps* you might want to own this.  I do hope you review
what I write and make sure I'm not misstating anything (no that I ever
do *that* :) ).

Cheers,

David

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Francois Orsini <fr...@gmail.com>.
I agree - it is easy to get confused between DerbyNet and DerbyNetClient -
maybe DerbyNet should be renamed ;)

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.