Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mi...@inetfox.net on 2021/08/02 15:08:45 UTC

.NET ActiveMQ: message lost without exception

Hello

we face an issue with our messaging solution and occasionally lose messages between our client and the broker (jboss a-mq 6.2.1 redhat 084).

On the sender side everything looks ok and we receive no exception, but there is no hint on the broker side that the message ever arrived.

Our application (sender) is developed in .NET (Framework 4.7.2 on Windows and .NET Core 3.0 on OpenShift/Linux) and we use the Apache ActiveMQ NMS Client (Package Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.NetStd, Version 1.8.0)

We use the following code to send a message:

MsgDeliveryMode is set to persistent, so we expect that the messages are send in sync mode.

Our assumption is that we should receive an exception in case we are not able to deliver the message to the broker. If we receive no exception, the transmssion should be successful?

Is this correct? Or is there any other why to verify that the broker received the message?

Additional observation

- we had a failover on broker side - after the failover we had a lot more lost messages than usual

Thank you and best regards

Michael