Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/01 17:40:15 UTC

Re: multi-result s

To re-hash:

--- Peter Reilly <pe...@corvil.com> wrote:
> The patch makes the mapper class to be a container
> of
> filenamemapper objects in the same way that
> conditionbase
> is a container of conditions.
>
> The two forms are allowed and are equivalent.
>
> The second from allows more filename mappers to
> be added
>
> The filename mappers can be combined as a chain so
> that the output of the
> first map is the input to the second map.
>
> <mapper chain="yes">
>
> Normal ant reflection is used on the filename mapper
> classes, so
> the mapper classes may have extra attributes or
> nested elements.

Then,
> This patch would be for ant 1.7 and not ant 1.6. It
> is expected that
> during the construction of ant 1.7, roles or
> something similar would be
> added to allow container specific nameing of
> typedef'ed nested elements.

I'm not sure I follow why the proposed patch must wait
for 1.7... it doesn't matter that much, but I just
wanted to know.  :)

I am almost finished with my redirection stuff (whew!)
but I wanted to add the container mapper stuff to HEAD
and test <redirector>s with multi-result mappers
before calling it done.  I have truly had to deal with
"write once, debug everywhere" with I/O and threading
issues, but I think I've got just about enough duct
tape in all the right places...

So where does this leave us with regard to the
container mapper stuff?  All clear?

-Matt