Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/06 16:07:35 UTC

Re: continuum scheduling broken

Hi,

After a few days of bug hunting with Emmanuel, we finally found out
what's happening. On our instance we have basically two project
groups:

# Project Group A with schedule S1 responsible of building the projects
# Project Group B with schedule S2 responsible of deploying the site

We're using CVS and adding two build definitions on the same group
didn't work because the changelog functionnality is broken (known
problem with some versions of CVS).

Maybe Emmanuel can explain this better but it is impossible to add the
same project (i.e. same groupId, artifactId, version) twice, even if
they are in different schedule. I understand the technical difficulty,
however:

* If it's not supported, a check should be added to avoid confusion
* If duplicate projects are removed, it would be nice to remove the
projects that does *not* belong the current active schedule (hence if
A is building, we should remove duplicate from B and vice-versa).

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Stéphane