Posted to user@hive.apache.org by peterm_second <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/14 18:42:59 UTC

Hive and Hbase types

Hi Guys,
I am trying to to map Hbase table to a Hive table ( an external table).
I am using a hive create statement to create the hbase tables. That works,
I was wondering how does HiveSQL types relate to Hbase types? I mean how
does one go about translate Hbase long to Hive SQL type.
I am pushing the data to the Hbase table from a 3rd party process and
then when a query that table from Hive i see nuls for columns that do
have values.
Has anyone had any similar issues when connecting Hive to Hbase.

Regards,
Peter