Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2006/10/31 11:37:09 UTC

Re: About send email

Gino wrote:
> Hi:
>   Sorry for my poor English.
>   I have tried to send an email by writting its data directly into JAMES email SPOOL,I found it can be sent out to the right address ,however some information were not displayed correctly.I wonder if I can send email by this way through JAMES(I hope so ,It is make sense for me) .If I can  what should I pay attention to ,if I can't please tell me the reason, Thanks!
>

> Gino
> 2006-10-31

Well, this is not the easiest way to inject mails in james. It is really
much simpler to use an SMTP client library to inject messages! Every
programming language has libraries to send emails.

You can anyway write data directly into the SPOOL but you have no way to
notify James that you did it: so if you use jdbc based spools it will
check anyway every 60 seconds, otherwise you're mail will stuck in spool
until some other "normal" mail will notify the spool.

Stefano