Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Chuck Burgess <cb...@PROGRESSRAIL.com> on 2015/11/05 16:06:11 UTC

Builds on Windows

Hey everyone,
Trying to build Storm on Windows, I consistently see clojure test failures regarding the supervisor-test (seems to fail trying to create symlinks) and the auth-test (seems to fail trying to "impersonate user").  At first glance, I could see these as not being possible in Windows, but that's just a hunch.

Should these pass on a Windows build?  Or is a Windows build not typically considered "in scope" for the project?  I need to understand if Windows testing is significant or not, so I'll know how to proceed with trying to write up some contributions.

Thanks.
CRB

Re: Builds on Windows

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Bit more details on windows. We do have builds going internally on
windows , but not the latest trunk which we will be doing soon.
Regarding auth-test yes thats an issue and storm security in general not
going to work in windows. We disable this test for windows. I think we
should put a check in in the code itself to run this test on *nix only.

Re: Builds on Windows