Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Anil Ramnanan <li...@peppersauce.org> on 2005/07/10 00:04:45 UTC

Site.xml and Tabs.xml editor

Since I am still working on the site.xml editor I as wondering if I
could edit the tabs.xml file the same way. I know that our other option
was using and EMF generated editor for tabs.cml since it has a DTD but I
was wondering if I can't just use the same type of editor that I created
for site.xml.

Regards,
Anil.

Re: Site.xml and Tabs.xml editor

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Anil Ramnanan wrote:
> Since I am still working on the site.xml editor I as wondering if I
> could edit the tabs.xml file the same way. I know that our other option
> was using and EMF generated editor for tabs.cml since it has a DTD but I
> was wondering if I can't just use the same type of editor that I created
> for site.xml.

I agree that refactoring the common code out of the current site.xml
editor makes more sense than using EMF, it's a nice simple DTD, EMF
would probably be overkill.

What you will probably end up with is something like:

                     +--------------+
                     |  TreeEditor  |

          |  siteXMLView |      | tabsXMLEditor  |

I'd recommend wizards for the adding of new nodes (one for tabs, one for
site) and the use of the built in property editor for further edits of
attributes.

Ross