Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rod Lockwood <ro...@provide.net> on 2013/08/17 21:16:49 UTC

Changing Code Page on Windows 7

Does anyone know how to change the codepage for Windows 7? I need to
change from Latin-1 to UTF-8. I am using Home Premium 64 bit.

--
Later,
Rod

Re: Changing Code Page on Windows 7

Posted by Urmas <da...@gmail.com>.
> Does anyone know how to change the codepage for Windows 7? I need to
> change from Latin-1 to UTF-8.

Windows cannot use UTF-8 as a system codepage.

If you need to convert a text file, open it as "Encoded Text". It is
IMPORTANT not to just open it, as you will DESTROY most of its contents.
Open them specifying the filter explicitly.