Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by kh...@zycus.com on 2006/03/28 10:08:35 UTC

CopyStreamException on FTP Server

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this message. If its not,
kindly direct me to the right mailing ID.

We are using "commons-net-1.2.2.jar" to store & retrieve a file from a FTP
server. We use the FTPClient of this jar.

When our code tries to store the File on FTP Server it fails giving this
error:

      org.apache.commons.net.io.CopyStreamException: IOException caught
while copying.

Part of the code storing file is as follows :

      ftpclient.setFileType(FTP.BINARY_FILE_TYPE);
      status = ftpclient.storeFile(serverfilenm, fis);

Moreover this doesn't happen for all the files, but only for few files.

Has anyone ever faced this before?  What could be the cause for this?

Any views on this would be helpful.

Thanks.
Khyati

Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to " yourself ".  -
Richard Bach

ForwardSourceID:NT00018D02