Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/07/25 18:36:18 UTC

[app-bug] Anyone interested in chasing down a bug?

In HARMONY-956, I noted a bug that seems to point to a classpath
management problem.

I was just trying to run our own buildtest framework using the latest
JRE, and I get :

    [exec] Uncaught exception in Thread-2:
    [exec] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/spi/VectorWriter
    [exec]     at
org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggingEvent.<init>(LoggingEvent.java:126)
    [exec]     at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:375)
    [exec]     at org.apache.log4j.Category.log(Category.java:869)
    [exec]     at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.warn(Log4JLogger.java:176)
    [exec]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.doStart(WebApplicationContext.java:521)
    [exec]     at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
    [exec]     at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.doStart(HttpServer.java:755)
    [exec]     at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
    [exec]     at
CruiseControlWithJetty$1.run(CruiseControlWithJetty.java:86)
    [exec]     at java.lang.Thread.run()

It may be really easy, but I don't have the time today... just a hint
for someone that's interested.

What I did was :

1) get the snapshot for windows (see download page on site)

2) do a checkout of the buildtest part of harmony

3) run 'ant setup' to get it setup (don't waste the time having it
checkout the source for classlib and drlvm - just let it get CC and set
that up.

4) run 'ant'

geir

Re: [app-bug] Anyone interested in chasing down a bug?

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Hm.

Thanks for trying.

I actually can't reproduce it either, although I'm on a plane and need
an svn co for something first, so I'm not convinced I can't repro it yet.

geir

Posted by Anton Luht <an...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately I coudn't reproduce it.

Here is what I did (I already had buildtest infrastructure set up):

1. downloaded latest JRE snapshot for WIndows. unzipped it to
C:\temp\harmony-jre-r424571\
2. set JAVA_HOME=C:\temp\harmony-jre-r424571\
3. set PATH= C:\temp\harmony-jre-r424571\bin;%PATH%
4. ant

everything worked.

Here's the head of the output:
---------
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\temp\harmony-jre-r424571\l
ib\tools.jar
Buildfile: build.xml

pre-copy:
     [echo] Copying full test configuration for CruiseControl from /config/confi
g-full.xml

start-win:
     [exec] "C:\temp\harmony-jre-r424571\\bin\java"  -cp "C:\temp\harmony-jre-r4
24571\\lib\tools.jar;<test
root>\buildtest\trunk\cc\lib\cruisecontrol.jar............

---------------

Jetty on 8080 doesn't work:

HTTP ERROR: 404
Not Found
RequestURI=/

On 7/25/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
> In HARMONY-956, I noted a bug that seems to point to a classpath
> management problem.
>
> I was just trying to run our own buildtest framework using the latest
> JRE, and I get :
>
>    [exec] Uncaught exception in Thread-2:
>    [exec] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/spi/VectorWriter
>    [exec]     at
> org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggingEvent.<init>(LoggingEvent.java:126)
>    [exec]     at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:375)
>    [exec]     at org.apache.log4j.Category.log(Category.java:869)
>    [exec]     at
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.warn(Log4JLogger.java:176)
>    [exec]     at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.doStart(WebApplicationContext.java:521)
>    [exec]     at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
>    [exec]     at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.doStart(HttpServer.java:755)
>    [exec]     at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
>    [exec]     at
> CruiseControlWithJetty$1.run(CruiseControlWithJetty.java:86)
>    [exec]     at java.lang.Thread.run()
>
> It may be really easy, but I don't have the time today... just a hint
> for someone that's interested.
>
> What I did was :
>
> 1) get the snapshot for windows (see download page on site)
>
> 2) do a checkout of the buildtest part of harmony
>
> 3) run 'ant setup' to get it setup (don't waste the time having it
> checkout the source for classlib and drlvm - just let it get CC and set
> that up.
>
> 4) run 'ant'
>
> geir

Anton Luht,